Our History

Our History

 

Founded in 1893, Antioch Baptist Church was the second African-American Baptist church established in Cleveland. Since its inception this Cleveland historical landmark has sought to provide public worship of God and benevolent outreach to the community. With a congregation of over 1,500 members, currently under the pastorate of Rev. Dr. Todd C. Davidson, Antioch Baptist Church Cleveland spans 120 years of providing services to the community such as:

  • Fellowship Fund: Emergency financial aid for rent, utilities, and food
  • Credit Union:  Operating since 1950 with over $3 million in assets

To expand and further develop community outreach social programs, Antioch Baptist Church formed the Antioch Development Corporation (ADC)  in 2002. The ADC is a non-profit community development social enterprise that operates:

  • AGAPE Program:  HIV prevention education and testing
  • Loaves & Fishes:  Hot meal feeding center
  • Bread of Life:  Food Pantry
 
 
 

Our Affiliations:

Antioch Baptist Church affiliates with the American Baptist Churches USA, a body with 1.3 million members and more than 5,200 congregations. As American Baptists, Antioch firmly believes:

  • American Baptist Churches: One of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with over 5,200 local congregations comprised of 1.3 million members across the United States and Puerto Rico.
  • Cleveland Baptist Association: A regional office and integral member of the American Baptist Churches, USA (ABCUSA) with a current membership of thirty-eight churches in the greater Cleveland area.
  • Greater Cleveland Congregations: A non-partisan coalition of faith communities and partner organizations in Cuyahoga County working together to build power for social justice.